Windows XP is one of the most used operating systems throughout the history of computers. Launched on the market in October 2001, this operating system already has several versions and updates that allow its users to interact much more easily and simply.
In this article we are going to teach you how to activate all versions of Windows XP, SP1, SP2 and SP3, without the need for a license or key.
The activation of this operating system is a procedure that we have to carry out yes or yes, so we will have to learn how to do it as soon as possible.
Therefore, our purpose with this guide is none other than to teach you how to activate Windows XP step by step in the fastest and easiest way possible and for life. To the mess!
How to activate Windows XP with license key
Activate Windows XP with Safe Mode
- First you must turn on your computer by keeping F8 pressed all the time.
- Next, when the Windows boot menu appears, choose the “Safe Mode” option and wait for the operating system to boot completely.
- Once inside it, make sure you have a stable Internet connection to be able to continue with the process. Now click on the “Equipment” icon and choose “Properties”.
- Then enter "Device Manager" and click. Next, you must observe which icons have an exclamation point and write them down. Now from a different computer, go to the manufacturers website and download the latest drivers.
- When you've downloaded everything you need, grab a USB or DVD and insert it into the computer where you want to activate Windows.
- Go back to Device Manager and click on the icon of the failed device to update the driver software.
- Next, find the “.inf” file that corresponds to the device you inserted earlier.
- Restart your computer and go back to Safe Mode.
- Inside it, open the Start menu and go to “All Programs”. Here you must enter "Accessories" and "System Tools".
- Then, within this menu, click on “Activate Windows” to start the activation. Now you will be asked to enter the product key. If you have a genuine copy of Windows XP, just type it in and you're done.
- When asked if you want to activate Windows, choose the "Yes, activate Windows now over the Internet" option.
- After doing so you will have two options to decide if you want to register or not. As there is currently no official support, the best thing to do is to click on “No, I don't want to register now, just activate Windows”.
- Finally, you just need to restart the computer.
!! Congratulations!! You have already activated Windows XP for life.
Activate Windows XP from Regedit
In this method we will not need to enter the safe mode, and we can use the following procedure:
- Go to the Windows Start Menu and click on “Run”.
- Type “regedit” (without quotes) and press enter.
- Here we will have to go to the following directory: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents.
- We will have to double click on the registry entry OOBETimer
- Select all the text in the “Data value” field and delete it.
- Then replace the deleted text with this sequence: FF D5 71 D6 8B 6A 8D 6F D5 33 93 FD
- Right click on the “WPAEvents” folder and select “Permissions”.
- Select “System” and check the “Deny Full Control” box.
If we still have the “This copy of Windows has not passed the validation process” mark on our computer, we can remove it as follows:
- We go to the following path: My Computer> Disk C> Windows> System32
- We are looking for two files: wgaLogon.dll y wgaTray.exe
- Now we just have to change the .dll and .exe extensions to .txt
- Reboot and voila!
- If you do not see the icons, it may be that you have the option to view hidden files disabled (we activate it in Tools> Folder options> View> Hidden files and folders.)
How to activate Windows XP if I don't have a license
If you do not have a genuine Windows XP key (activation ID) you can activate it in two ways:
- Through an activator
- By entering an existing serial
How can we check if we have Windows XP activated?
First of all, we must enter Windows XP in the normal way and press the “Start” button.
Inside the dropdown, We will click on “Run”. Next, in the pop-up window that will open, we have to enter this command
And that's it! Now a window should appear that will tell us if we have Windows XP activated or not. If we do not have it activated, we will be asked for your password so that we can activate it without any problem.
Graduated in Computer Science, passionate about writing and technology. In Digital Guides I am going to offer you the best tutorials of the tools that I master the most, as well as recommendations of apps and programs that will surely interest you.
3 comments on “Activate Windows XP: SP 1,2 and 3 (2023 Activation Guide)”
If you can't find them, they may be hidden. If this is the case, go to: Tools Folder Options. Here click on the View tab. Then under Hidden files and folders select the Show hidden files and folders option.
Nothing, once you have modified the registry and you have removed the windows marks, everything works fine.
Now, if you change the Windows date to one more year and restart the PC, you get that you must activate it.
Greetings, good afternoon, I want to install XP on a Vit laptop, but it won't let me install it completely until I activate it.