The security of a PC is not something to be taken lightly. Unlike what could happen a few years ago, today what is at stake is not that your computer stops working, but that You can lose access data to your bank account, emails, social networks and much more.
And it is that in fact the main objective of PC viruses is no longer to destroy the computer as before, now the objective is to go unnoticed to steal any type of information to sell later on the black market.
Therefore, at this point no one can doubt the importance of having an antivirus system that can detect and block all malware on the Internet.
Currently there are totally free antivirus that will protect us from all these threats, but, Is their use really recommended to use them?
Is it advisable to use a free antivirus?
Currently free antivirus they are one of the best ways to avoid all the possible viruses that the Internet can harbor. It is true that most free antiviruses only offer you some fairly basic tools and that if you want other more advanced features you will have to pay.
However, currently most free antiviruses are capable of offering unparalleled protection and security.
TOP 5 best free antivirus for PC without paying anything
These antiviruses will be perfect for any version of Windows (7,8,10) and for Mac.
1. BitDefender Antivirus Free Edition
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition is about one of the best free antivirus that exist on the Internet today.
This is mainly because Bitdefender Free it is a very easy program to configure and uses very few system resources. Their system for detecting viurs is exactly the same as what is tested by independent labs. In addition, it will not suggest you update to the Premium version every time like many programs in general.
The main characteristics of BitDefender are:
- fast analysis of the behavior of the computer.
- scanned in a few seconds.
- Virus detection rate practically perfect.
- Total protection against phishing and information theft.
2.Avast! Free Antivirus
Avast Free Antivirus is about one of the best free antivirus in the entire antivirus market for computers. This program has antivirus and antispyware engines that protect your computer like no other program on the Internet. On top of that, it's free.
The main characteristics of Avast are:
- 100% interface intuitive.
- configurations completely customizable.
- Possibility of use in multiple devices.
- scans fully configurable.
3. AVG AntiVirus Free Edition
AVG is another very reliable option for network malware protection. Currently, AVG has greatly improved its malware detection rate, so it allows you to enter the market directly and compete against the best rivals in the industry such as BitDefender.
What this program does is protect your online activity by being aware of any type of strange activity that may occur in your emails or in the web pages that you enter.
The main characteristics of AVG are:
- Malware scan in about few seconds.
- Personalization features very spacious.
- Total protection against theft of data and valuable information.
4. Kaspersky Free Antivirus
Kaspersky is one of the most popular antivirus of all times, however, until relatively recently it was only available with a paid Premium version.
They have recently released their first free version which It has two functionalities from the previous Premium version:
- Protection against viruses, spyware, phishing and untrustworthy pages
- without slowing down PC performance.
The main characteristics from Kaspersky are:
- extraordinary results regarding its performance and safety.
- Total protection against phishing and data theft.
- interface very easy and simple of using.
5.Avira Free Antivirus
Avira currently offers a really strong protection against a huge number of internet threats, specifically against the 99'7%. In addition, Avira Free Antivirus offers us a high degree of customization and a wide range of free add-on features ranging from a VPN client to a privacy-oriented web browser.T
The main characteristics of Avira are:
- Extremely efficient in detecting viruses and malware.
- Built-in VPN network with your download.
- Total protection against the theft of important information.
- Includes free tools optimization for the operating system.
Graduated in Computer Science, passionate about writing and technology. In Digital Guides I am going to offer you the best tutorials of the tools that I master the most, as well as recommendations of apps and programs that will surely interest you.