Many times we can present the problem that we accidentally deleted an Instagram message that had important content and we want to recover it. In this blog, we are going to explain step by step the process to recover deleted Instagram messages so that you can have them back on your device.
Methods to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
You can recover deleted Instagram messages using different methods. One of them is through the download request. These types of requests allow users to retrieve profile information, comments or photos from their Instagram profiles.
The response to these requests by Instagram is not fast, it can take at least 48 hours. But, the advantage is that after the response time passes you can get the messages that you have deleted.
- The first thing is to log in to your Instagram account.
- Within your profile, tap the more options icon in the top right corner.
- Press the configuration option and then in the list that is displayed press Privacy & Security.
- There, you will find an option that says Data download and when pressed it shows Request download.
- When pressing the previous option, the Instagram system asks you to enter an email to which they will send you the link to download, after placing it, press Next.
Done, now you just have to wait for Instagram to contact you to download your deleted messages.
If you have a Facebook profile that is added to Instagram, you may have a way to receive deleted messages from your Instagram, since they are two social networks that are connected.
Through the Facebook tray, you can access Instagram messages and retrieve them. The steps for you to achieve it are:
- Enter the Facebook that you have connected to your Instagram by logging in with the corresponding username and password.
- Then go to the message inbox.
- Locate the options bar on the left and press the Instagram Direct option, where you can find the messages you deleted.
Petition to the other party
This may not be the solution you want to use, but in case the options mentioned above don't work, the most viable option is to ask the recipient of the message to forward the messages you want to recover.
This can be because, if you delete the messages that came to you or that you sent, the recipient continues with them on their device, they are only deleted from yours. Therefore, you have the possibility to ask for them.
Android data recovery
In case none of the previous options have worked for you, you can opt for Android Data Recovery, which is a program with which you can recover many deleted data on devices with Android operating system.
Among the data that this tool can recover on your Android are: videos, photos, text messages, contacts, audio files and Instagram messages. To do this you must do the following:
- Install the Android Data Recovery program on your computer. You can do it by pressing this link
- When installing it completely, start the program and press the option of Data recovery.
- Now, connect your device to the computer via USB cable.
- Among the options, select the type of file you want to recover and the program shows you two options
- Find deleted files.
- Find all files.
- When you select the option that suits you, press continue and wait a few minutes while the recovery process is done.
- At the moment when the whole process is finished, the program shows a preview of all the files that it was able to recover.
- Select those files you want to recover and press the button Recover.
When you recover the files, they are stored inside the computer and you can view them whenever you want and transfer them back to your device.
Doubts you may have
In this process for recovering messages, there may be a series of questions that we are going to answer in the following points:
What alternative do we have to recover deleted messages on Instagram if you can't update the app?
Some people have phones that do not have enough storage memory to be able to update the Instagram application and have too old versions of the application. In case this is happening to you, you can recover the messages in other ways, for this you must do the following:
- Sign in to your Instagram account from a computer.
- Now locate direct messages on your profile.
- Through this inbox, you can see all the messages you have received or sent since the beginning of the application.
What alternative do we have to recover deleted messages on Instagram on iOS?
In the case of people who use iOS devices, they can apply the same processes mentioned above, except for Android Dara Recovery. In case you want to use a file recovery program for iOS, the alternative is iMyFone D-Back
This alternative to recover deleted Instagram messages on iOS is a program that you can install on your computer to recover the messages or any file that you have deleted on your iPhone, iPad or iPod. The steps to achieve this are:
- Download the iMyFone D-Back application on your computer. If you have a Windows PC download it here. If you have a PC with MacOS download it here.
- When installed, run it and press the option Recover from an iOS device.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Press Contac us in the program.
- Select the types of files you want to recover from the options menu, in this case press Messages in the Third Party Instant Messaging Apps section.
- When you have chosen the previous options press Scan.
- After a few minutes, the application shows you all the messages that were recovered and you must select the ones you want to download.
- Choose a folder where you want to save the messages.
Clever! In this way you will have already recovered the messages that you have deleted from your Instagram regardless of whether you have backup copies in iTunes or iCloud.
How to recover a deleted Instagram conversation on PC?
You have two options to recover deleted Instagram conversations from PC, these are:
- You can use the programs that we mentioned before to install on your PC, in case you have Android you must use Android Data Recovery and in case you have an iPhone you can use iMyFone D-Back.
- The second option is by accessing your profile from a computer as we explained in the case of people who cannot update their Instagram.
Freelance writer with more than 4 years writing to create content for different web portals, which has resulted in the acquisition of a huge collection of knowledge on different digital topics. Her excellent journalistic work allows her to write first-rate articles and guides related to technology.