Spotify is currently one of the most used platforms, however, as with many applications, there may be a drawback, and that is that it appears on the screen as soon as you log in. For this, you should know How do you disable Spotify autostart?
How do you disable Spotify autostart?
The first thing you should keep in mind is that Spotify is currently a platform to which users pay a lot of attention, and that is that, thanks to it, you can enjoy all your favorite songs, listen to the latest hits, find out about the best podcasts, among other things.
This platform can be used on mobile phones or also on computers without any inconvenience. However, in the case of computers there is a problem, and that is that when Windows starts it automatically opens Spotify, often being a bit annoying.
For this reason, today we are showing you how you can disable Spotify's automatic start when you turn on your computer, and make sure you follow all the steps that we leave you with below:
- The first step is to access the application, look for the Preferences Panel, which you can locate in the menu, and select "edit".
- Once there, the next thing is to go to the bottom of the screen, and look for the option to »Advanced program settings».
- You immediately have the option to open or remove Spotify automatically when you start Windows on your computer.
- Then, you can turn on or off the option to have it appear automatically when Windows starts, or you can also select "minimized" so that it is on the desktop but does not open suddenly.
It is important to note that Spotify is automatically configured on your computer to open when the operating system is starting.
Use a second option
In case the above does not work, there is also another alternative to prevent Spotify from suddenly appearing on your computer screen.
- Enter to "Task Manager", pressing the Control + Alt + Delete keys at the same time.
- Then you must select the tab "Start", and when you are there you must look for the Spotify platform.
- To prevent it from being executed automatically, you must press the ''Disable", which is located in the lower right-hand corner of the window.
- Remember that, as it is a modification that is carried out in the elements that are executed for the first time, it is not necessary to restart the computer.
- If you want to verify that the changes were carried out correctly, you must turn the computer off and on again.
Keep in mind that this entire process is available for the different applications installed on your computer, and not only with Spotify. For this reason, it works perfectly with any of your apps.
Spotify web version
Another solution in case none of the above works is to use the Spotify platform via the Web. In this way, you can listen to your favorite songs, but you will not be using the application, and therefore, you prevent it from being launched on your computer.