Working from the cloud for many people is one of the best options, and that is, if you have a good Internet connection, you can even use a Free and collaborative online text editor.
Is Firepad the best free collaborative online text editor?
Firepad is a text editor that allows you to use it for free and online. The best thing is that you can see the changes that are made to a document in real time.
If you are one of the people who likes to work in the cloud, it is an excellent option for you, in addition to being free the application, also helps you a lot during each of your projects and more if they are shared.
You just have to make sure you have a good Internet connection, so that the experience is better, and a device with the capacity to carry out the application correctly without interruptions.
How does FirePad work?
The first step you should do is download the application Firepad in the browser of your choice.
Once this is completed, a window will appear that is always active, and you will find information related to the app, which is generated directly from the developer of the app.
In that window you can also start writing what you want to test the application, however, you should know that the system will immediately detect your activity, and it will ask you questions, such as What do you want to do? Need help?
There are some examples that the application also shows you so that you know the different uses that you can give it. In addition, we leave you below some of the tasks that this editor helps you perform:
- It allows you to write the text you want without any problem.
- You can modify font size with which you write so that it adapts to one of your preference.
- Also, it allows you to change the color of the text to the one you like best.
- Includes functions for add different features to the text, such as bold, underline, strikethrough text, or using the italics option.
- It gives you the option to apply bullets in different ways.
- You can justify your text.
- If you know the tricks you also have the option to add graphics to your content.
- The application includes different options so that you can undo or redo some of the changes made.
All the functions mentioned above are very easy to use, and the best thing is that they offer you a variety of alternatives so that your texts can be read with the best tools.
However, it is important to take into account that, in relation to the trick of adding graphics to the text, there is a detail. The application does not have any options that allow you to open your computer's browser to search for a saved image.
But, you can use the last icon that has a landscape shape located at the bottom of the ribbon. After it is selected, some fields will appear that you must complete and place the URL of the site where the image is located.
It is important that, if you want to upload an image to your text, take the above into account, and first place it in one of the free services that currently exist.
How to run Firepad in its demo version?
The application is currently only available as a demo version, and it is not yet known if Firepad will request subscriptions from users in the future in order to enjoy its services.
However, so far no subscription is necessary, so it is your time to take advantage of all the tools that the application has for you, just make sure you do the following:
- Enter the application, selecting the button at the top that appears as »Private Pad».
- After this, a new tab appears in your browser to show you the interface of the application.
- Then, on the left side of the screen you can see a kind of box with the name of "user" previously established by the application. You have the option to change it by clicking on the space, and typing your real name.
- The most interesting thing during this whole process is that at the bottom of the screen you will find the registered URL. You must copy this address and paste it so that you can share the text with your friends, and they can also collaborate with it.