It is very likely that on some occasion we have had to record a video on our computer to, for example, create podcasts about certain software, make video tutorials about how to install a specific program, etc.
In the case of macOS we have the "Quick Time" application, which has not yet managed to find a worthy rival. In this case we have it very easy, since with this application we will have at our disposal everything we are looking for in an application to record the screen. However, in the case of Windows 10, things change a bit. This operating system is much more limited regarding screen recording, so we are going to have to use other programs external to the operating system itself.
The best programs to record our screen in Windows 10
Next, we will detail the best programs to record our screen in Windows 10:
One of the options that was included in Windows 10 was “Game DVR”. This application was developed to allow you to record clips and take screenshots of games on Xbox Live, Steam, and other services.
Our characteristics Main features of Game DVR are:
- Capture the screen to good quality.
- Recording of the sequence of actions
- Activate the microphone.
- Retransmission Live.
VLC is one of the best known tools for screen recording. This open source media player can play most of today's media files: DVD, Audio CD, VCD and various transmission protocols.
- hardware decoding in most platforms.
- Es compatible with most current audio and video files such as: MPEG-1/2, DivX® (1/2/3/4/5/6), MPEG-4 ASP, XviD, 3ivX D4, H.261, H. 263 / H.263i, H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC, Cinepak, Theora, Dirac / VC-2, MJPEG (A/B), WMV 1/2, WMV 3 / WMV-9 / VC-1, Sorenson 1 /3, DV, On2 VP3/VP5/VP6, Indeo Video v3 (IV32), Real Video.
- This tool has a set of comprehensive video functions, subtitle synchronization and audio filters.
OBS is an application that is available for Windows, Linux and macOS systems. This tool is free and open source software used for video recording and live streaming. In addition, OBS Studio has a powerful API that allows us to use plugins and scripts in order to offer greater customization and specific functionality for each recording need.
As if that were not enough, OBS Studio has support for multiple video encoding technologies, such as AMD Video Coding Engine, x264 library, Intel Quick Sync Video and more. With this application we can record everything we have on our desktop and mix it with any video from a webcam and other sources. Also, OBS Studio supports many output formats: FLV, MP4, MOV, MKV, TS and M3U8.
- Capture and mix sound/video in real time with enormous quality.
- Filters for video sources like color masks, color corrections, chroma key adjustments and more.
- Different configuration options powerful and easy to implement.
- Fully intuitive audio mixer with preset filters for gates, blanks and balances.
- Optimized settings panel to quickly configure recordings and broadcasts.
- Shortcuts for actions such as switching between scenes, starting/stopping both streaming and/or recording, and even muting audio sources.
- With the "Studio" mode it is possible to preview the scene and sources before putting them live, adjust the scenes and sources or add new ones.
- “Multiview” option that allows us manage up to 8 different scenes.
This tool allows us to capture any part of our screen to later convert that file into a video file, and even draw on the screen, add notes and images or simply export to any type of format to upload it to YouTube.
Flashback Express has the option to try it for 30 days and, if it meets the desired expectations, It is possible to have the option to purchase at a cost of €50 per month.
Our characteristics The main features of Flashback Express are:
- Record screen, sound and webcam
- Enhance recordings with professional tools.
- Layout videos and creative presentations
- Share your content online or export it in any available format
ApowerREC is a completely free program with which you will have the possibility to record practically anything on your screen, also including all desktop activities, streaming videos, meetings and much more.
- Edition of the videos in real time.
- Record directly from webcam.
- Conversion videos to MP4, MKV, AVI, WMV, MOV and more.
- Screenshot with one click.
- Audio recording and configuration of different parameters.
TinyTake is currently available for macOS and Windows. This tool is a genuine solution for everything that has to do with recording your screen.. Furthermore, TinyTake is a free program, so it will be possible for you to record videos and capture images without spending a single euro.
- Video recording up to 120 minutes.
- Possibility to capture a region, a window or the entire screen.
- Copy to clipboard any image.
- store screenshots and videos in the cloud.
- Share a screenshot or a video.
- zoom in and out any catch.
- Assign shortcut keys.
XSplit is a very simple software but with truly amazing capabilities for both broadcasting live and recording any type of video. We have no doubt that it is one of the best applications to produce audiovisual content on the entire Internet.
We mainly highlight that it allows you to switch between virtually unlimited scenes for the recording process, jump between multiple applications and external sources and allows you to change the settings to be able to change the quality and resolution of the video.
- XSplit Broadcaster works seamlessly with absolutely all major video capture card brands, including Elgato, AverMedia, Hauppauge, Magewell, and many more.
- Allows exclusive viewing of the webcam. This can be achieved thanks to the option Chroma Key, which is often used to make the stream even more immersive than it currently is.
- It has fully professional production features and 100% enhanced audio features for a sound with a completely unique fidelity.
- It has custom plugins and very different integrations in order to improve the user experience.
- Allows you to edit and load recordings with its built-in editor as standard. Once the process is finished, it gives the option of either upload the video directly to your Youtube channel, or share it on all your social networks.
Graduated in Computer Science, passionate about writing and technology. In Digital Guides I am going to offer you the best tutorials of the tools that I master the most, as well as recommendations of apps and programs that will surely interest you.
1 comment on “The best programs to record the screen in Windows 10”
Good, good post, I liked it a lot and more for a passionate about technology as is my case, thanks and greetings.