In this opportunity we are going to teach you how Install Google Chrome on Ubuntu 21.04. In this way you can count on this Google browser to use it with total freedom.
Install Google Chrome from Firefox
If you want to resort to this method, what you should do is follow the steps below:
- Open Firefox.
- In the search engine, you must write "Download Chrome Browser for Ubuntu."
- If you don't want to do it this way. It is available to download this program directly from the official page.
- As soon as the page opens, you must click on the option Download.
- Now what you have to do is choose the 64-bit option so that the appropriate option for your Ubuntu operating system is downloaded.
- You have to be sure that your operating system is 64-bit, generally as soon as the download tab opens, the system on which this browser is going to be installed appears there, If all is well you can move forward in this process.
- Now a window will open asking you What should Firefox do with this file? Press the option Accept for the download to take place.
- When finished, you must use file manager for the folder to open.
- You have to double click on your download in the file manager, then the installation of the program will begin.
- As soon as the installation is complete, you will be able to use the Chrome browser.
Install Google Chrome on Ubuntu 21.04 from terminal
If you want to carry out this installation process, what you should do is follow the steps below:
- First of all, you should know what version of Linux you have. Once this point is clear, you must move on.
- As soon as this is done, you will need to install Wget. With this you can get all the internet packages that are available and you must download Gdebi. The latter is the one that manages any of these packages.
- For the installation to take place, you must type the command sudo apt install gdebi-core wget.
- Now you have to Press the S key on your keyboard. in this way you will confirm the installation.
- As soon as the previous process is finished, if you want to download Chrome you must write this command below: wget https://dl.google.com/linux/dir.
- When the download is finished, it is time for you to use Gdebi to finish the installation of the browser and for this you must write this command: sudo gdebi Google-Chrome-stable_curr.
Chrome installation using dpkg
Currently many people have chosen to install Google Chrome on Ubuntu 21.04 using this method. Initially you should open the terminal and for that, Ctrl+Alt+T must be pressed and then the appropriate command must be executed to do this download using Wget, the command is as follows:
As soon as the download is finished, you can execute the command below so that the browser installs correctly:
sudo dpkg -i google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb
If for some reason you get an error saying something is missing for this installation to complete, you can force it by typing this command:
sudo apt -f install
As soon as the installation is finished, you will have the browser ready to work on your computer and you can set it as default If you prefer. This type of method, just like using apt, could be considered a bit complicated, but it's all a matter of adapting and you'll see that when you do it the first time, it's nothing that will cause you any problems.
Install Google Chrome on Ubuntu using apt
If you want to carry out this other method, you should know that it is also very effective and for this you must do the following:
The terminal must be opened and this is done by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T and as soon as it opens you must execute the command that will help you download Chrome using wget, the command is:
After this download has been done, you will have to install the package and this is done through the following command:
sudo apt install ./google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb
If you have done everything correctly, you will be able to use the Chrome browser correctly on your computer. In the same way you can set it to be default if this browser is to your liking.
We recommend you that you pay close attention to any of the commands that you are going to execute, On many occasions the programs are not installed, this is because when placing these, people do not look correctly and the result of this is that the installation of the program they want to have on their computer is not carried out.