Today you can install Microsoft Office for Ubuntu (without Wine), in this way you will be able to have this package of programs more easily. It is only a matter of knowing the two methods that exist and putting into practice the one that suits you best.
What are the prerequisites for this installation?
Before proceeding with this installation, it is very important that you know the prerequisites, in order to know if your computer supports this program or not. The requirements are the following:
- You have the Ubuntu operating system already installed on your computer.
- It is also important have the Office ISO.
- It is mandatory that you have the Activation key of this office product.
- Finally, you have to have the crossover software installer, In case you do not have it, you can download it from its official page. You can do this by clicking here.
This is the easiest method to install Microsoft Office for Ubuntu. People prefer it because it only requires you to download this software package directly from the internet, If you want to use this modality, what you have to do is click here and wait for this download to take place.
After the Office package has been downloaded, you need to open this file, the system may give you an alert, you can ignore it since this file does not have any type of virus and when you open it, it will take you directly to its installation. As soon as it has finished, you have to open an office program and when it asks you for the password, you must place it.
By doing all this, you will be ready to work with any of the programs that this package offers you. Similarly, you will receive product updates whenever they are available.
This is a slightly more complicated method and therefore not preferred by many people. At first it is very similar to the method that we explained to you in the previous point, but it has some differences, what you should do is start the office package download and as soon as it is finished, you will have to open the terminal and type the commands below:
- cd /Downloads
- sudo dpkg –i microsoft_online_apps.deb
After you type these commands, it will start the installation of this package and after this process finishes successfully, you will have immediate access. to all the applications that this package brings and be able to use them freely.
As we explained to you at the beginning, you must have this installer, you will have to register and then you have to download a trial version that will last for 15 days. As soon as the test is finished, you will not be able to continue with the installation of Microsoft software, although everything you have installed with this program will work without any problem.
- Once you have downloaded this installer, you must go to the folder where it has been placed, when you open it you must locate a .deb file and you only have to right click on it, as soon as you see that the contextual menu opens you have to click in Open with GDebi package installer.
- Following this, a window will open in which you have to click on the option Install Package.
- The installation of the package will start, you must wait until the process is ready.
- When the installation is finished, you must display the applications menu until you reach the search engine, then you have to write CrossOver.
- While the application opens, what you should do is look for the office ISO image and then click on the option that says Open with disk mounter.
- At this time, it is time to follow the instructions that the system gives you, when all these processes are finished, the office package will have been installed correctly in Ubuntu and when opening any of its applicationsYou will be asked for the activation key.
- After placing this key, you will be able to work freely with these programs.
Graduated in Computer Science, passionate about writing and technology. In Digital Guides I am going to offer you the best tutorials of the tools that I master the most, as well as recommendations of apps and programs that will surely interest you.