Many times your phone may have some problems, including those related to the network, making you unable to receive calls, send text messages, or use mobile data. Identifying this problem is very simple, a notification appears on the screen ''Not registered on network'', and we leave you the solution in this article.
Why does the message ''Not Registered on the Network'' appear?
When there is a network connection problem, you will surely have problems performing some activities, such as calling or sending text messages. This can be generated for different reasons, and we leave you some:
- Coverage issues: Many times the problem of not registering the network is due to the location in which you are, and it is not really because the phone is damaged. It is even one of the inconveniences that occurs most frequently.
- Failed to read SIM card: Despite the fact that currently different means have been created to obtain a telephone line, there are still many devices that use the SIM, and sometimes there is a problem with the reader or directly with the card. Therefore, your phone is not registered to any network.
- A glitch in the software: Many times the problem is caused by an error in the operating system of the device, this, in most cases can be solved with a Software update and that's it.
To summarize, the causes can be different and equally affect the state of your network, however, this does not mean that they are problems without solutions. Quite the contrary, knowing the possible reasons why the error is developing on the device, you can also make some changes.
Solutions to eliminate the message ''Not registered on the network''
Depending on the root of the problem you can apply different solutions. For this reason, some of the most common and used by users are mentioned in this section.
Clean the SIM card reader
This is one of the solutions that can be applied on all models and mobile devices.
Cleaning the SIM inbox is very simple, specialists recommend doing it with a toothbrush that has very soft bristles to avoid damage. It should be moistened with a bit of isopropyl alcohol. Another alternative is to blow some air with a compressed air gun.
Turn airplane mode on and off
This is a solution that is generally applied to Samsung brand mobile devices, and according to specialists in the field, it is one of the best ways to prevent the message from continuing to appear. ''Not registered on network''.
Forced close all SIM services
Another of the solutions that users frequently use is to force the stoppage of SIM services. This is a very simple process, you must enter the SIM application, SIM Card or SIM Services, and force stop.
Add the operator's APN manually
In case the previous solutions do not work, you can use the option to add the APN of the SIM card operator manually, and verify its operation.
The first thing you need to understand is that APN stands for the gateway with which you can connect your mobile device to a mobile network from any operator.
The configuration and options that appear depend specifically on the telephone company you contracted. For example, in the case of a Samsung phone, the steps are as follows:
- You must enter the option Settings, once there select Mobile Network.
- Of all the options that appear, now you must click on ''Access Point Name''.
- There, you must delete the APN that is active, and create one.
- The last thing you need to do is to restart the phone so that all the settings made will be applied without any problems on the device.
Search the operator's network manually
This is a solution that can often be done at the same time as the previous one. And, sometimes the problem of compatibility with the network is due to the fact that it does not find any automatically, for this reason, it is necessary to carry out the following steps:
- Enter the adjustments.
- Once there, look for the option to ''Mobile Network''.
- Then, in the menu that appears, select the ''Network Operator or Operators''.
- Now select ''Search networks''.
- Finally, you must select the one that corresponds to your telephone operator.
Reset Network Settings
An option to solve the problem is also to reset the network settings. And, this process can be done as follows:
- Enter the adjustments.
- Then click on the option ''System''.
- The next thing is to select ''Backup and reset''.
- There, a new menu appears, and you must click on ''Restore''.
- The last thing you should do is restart the phone so that all the settings made are applied correctly.
Reset all phone settings
In case none of the previous solutions work for you, another option you have is to reset the phone to the factory. In this way, all the information on the device is completely removed, and many of the functions are improved.
You just have to enter the settings, and look for the reset option, this can be found in different places depending on the Android it is.
Once you have performed the reset, it is important to take into account that, in order to have all the information available again on your phone, you must click on the backup.
Update Phone Software
It is one of the options that works best to solve the problem of the mobile network, and it is that many times different errors are generated in the software that include the operation of the phone.
On some mobile devices the software update process is carried out automatically. However, in case this does not happen, you can also do it manually, with the following steps:
- The first step is to enter the phone settings.
- Then, you should look for the option of ''System''.
- Once there, now you must click on ''Updates''.
- If one is available, it will appear on the screen, and you can immediately click to start the software update.
Check that there are no problems with the telephone line
Many times the problem is not originally generated on the phone, it may be due to an inconvenience or error directly on the line. So, it may be because they are doing some kind of maintenance.
In these cases it is important to communicate with the operators of the telephone line, or visit any of the social networks to make sure.
Go to a technical service
If none of the solutions that we leave you in this article work, it is best to go to a technical service that can review and verify the status of your phone.
In this way, you have exact knowledge of the cause that is generating the problem, and thus establish a quick solution that works.