Many times when you use a computer, especially in the case of laptops, it is frequent that you do not know how to place some symbols or signs. So we will explain How to do greater or equal sign ≥ on keyboard?
¿How to make the greater or equal sign ≥ on the keyboard of my Windows PC?
It is very common that, when drafting any document, writing or transcribing it, you have some doubts about how to place the signs and symbols? Especially if it is a portable device or one that is not for your daily use.
Despite the fact that you think that signs and symbols are not so important, this is not the case, they work perfectly to be used in mathematical formulas, and in any information related to calculations.
For this reason, in this article we teach you all the steps you must follow to write the sign of ≥ with your keyboard without problems. But, first it is important to know the function of this sign.
The sign ≥ means that, a comparison is being made with the number that is on the left or right. That is, it works to determine when one number is greater than or equal to the other, for example: 8≥5, 4≥2, among others.
Writing this sign is not complicated at all, you just have to use the number panel that is on the right side of your keyboard, and not the bar that appears at the top of it.
Keep in mind that, depending on the operating system of your computer, the steps may change.
Use the ASCII code
In case you are using the ASCII code in Windows 7, 8, Vista, or even XP, the process to write the greater than sign is very simple:
- Press the key »alt» on the keyboard, and at the same time types the number 62 from the number pad, which represents the number of the sign > in ASCII code.
- Then release the key »alt», and immediately the sign should appear in the text of your choice.
Entering the special characters menu
This is one of the simplest processes, you just have to write the word "character" in your computer's browser, and follow all the steps that appear on your computer to continue with the character map.
Then a new menu appears where you can see all the special symbols, and select the one you want to use.
Typing signs in Windows
Now the next thing to do is press the keys Alt + 242, and ready. Now you can write and use the sign ≥, in any document in Word, notepad, slides, etc. No need to copy and paste.
How to make the less than or equal sign ≤ on your keyboard?
It is recommended that, in addition to knowing how to write the greater or equal sign, you also know how to place the lesser or equal ≤. It is very simple, and the process is similar to the one mentioned above, you must press the keys of Alt + 243, make sure that the numbers are with the number pad on the right side of your keyboard, and not with the top bar.
What are the keyboard shortcuts on a Macintosh?
- You must write the greater or equal symbol, writing: ⌥ + >
- And, if what you want to look for is the less than or equal sign: ⌥ +
- In case you can't type the characters on your Mac keyboard, you can also see them on the »Character Viewer».
How to write ampersand in linux?
On computers running the Linux operating system, such as Ubuntu, Fedora, or Debian, the process is also simple. Make sure you carry out all the steps that we leave you, below:
- First you must press a key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+u.
- At the same time, you should also press »3e». This is the hexadecimal value of the sign > in ASCII code.
- Finally, you must stop pressing the keys, and immediately the sign of your choice appears in the text.
What are the other ways to make the sign of greater than ≥ and less than ≤?
If you are one of the people who is constantly editing documents and files, another option you have to place the signs is in the symbols section of the program. If you use Word, the process is easier than you think, you just have to do the following:
- The first thing you should do is open Word.
- Once inside the program, look for the option "Insert", that you find it located at the top in the toolbar.
- The next thing is to select the option »Symbols», which you find on the right side of the toolbar.
- Immediately, different symbols appear, and you must select the one with greater than, or less than. However, on many occasions these are not found at first glance, and for this reason, click on »More Symbols» o »More Symbols».
- Once you find the signs, you just have to select them, and that's it.