Did you know that it is possible use whatsapp on tablets without sim card? Yes, you can open a user account in this messaging app and interact with your friends through text messages, images, calls and video calls.
In this article we show you how can you have whatsapp on your tablet no matter if you don't have a SIM card.
Table of Contents
- 1 Download the WhatsApp App and verify with another mobile
- 2 Use WhatsApp Web
- 3 FAQ
Download the WhatsApp App and verify with another mobile
When whatsapp downloads, the app asks you to enter a mobile number that is valid so you can receive an activation code via text messaging. This is not an option, but you are obliged to do it, otherwise you will not be able to use the platform.
For smartphone users this is not a problem, because most have a chip in their phone to do so. However, tablet owners do not always have a SIM card in this device, therefore they have no way to receive messages or calls to obtain the code.
Fortunately, this does not mean that they cannot use whatsapp on your tabletIn fact, the easiest solution they have at hand is to verify with a mobile. But how would it be possible?
- You can get a mobile (it can be anyone, it does not have to be a smartphone) with an active telephone line that is not associated with WhatsApp.
- When you download the application on the tablet and it asks you to enter a phone number, you will enter it there and the activation message will arrive on the mobile.
- Copy the code on the tablet and press OK or Accept.
- Ready, you can start using WhatsApp, of course, the number you entered will be the one that can be associated with your user account and the one that you must give to your contacts to start interacting.
Download from Play Store
In the past, the old versions of WhatsApp prevented us from installing the app directly on our devices, so we had to download it to a apk file, through third party websites.
Although this is still possible, it is no longer necessary. Currently, it is possible to download WhatsApp directly from the Google Play Store, as you normally would with any other app that also belongs to the store.
Download the APK file from the official WhatsApp page
If for some reason you cannot access Google Play Store to download and you are worried about having to download the APK file on a dubious third party site, you also have the option to download this file directly from the official WhatsApp page.
This is the best alternative we have to download the app in this format, because many times, third party websites tend to host malicious software, viruses and malware in the download links and we end up affecting our device.
The steps you must follow for this are the following
- First of all, authorize the installation of this type of application on your mobile through the settings Settings >> Security >> Origins unknown (check the box).
- Then proceed to download the APK. Access the official WhatsApp web platform through this link.
- Find the latest version of WhatsApp available and press the button Download.
- Verify the app with the activation code.
- Start using WhatsApp on your tablet as you normally do with your mobile.
Use WhatsApp Web
This is perhaps the easiest trick to use WhatsApp on tablets without a SIM card or without a chip.
The web version of the social app allows us to use on multiple devices at the same time the same user account. This means that you can log in to the WhatsApp account that you currently have on your smartphone. The best thing is that you will receive notifications of calls or messages at the same time on both the mobile and the tablet. You could even log in on PC as well if you wish.
- In the search bar of your tablet's browser, type "WhatsApp Web" and access the first result which is the official WhatsApp Web page or access through this link.
- Next, the page that opens has a QR code that you must scan with your smartphone: In the WhatsApp app, press the three vertical dots at the top right. Later Paired devices >> Pair a device.
- Point at the tablet screen for the camera to scan the code and wait a few seconds for both devices to pair.
- The main view of WhatsApp will appear on the tablet screen with the history of chats, calls, status updates that you have on your smartphone. Of course, this will be displayed only through the browser.
What can I do if I don't have a mobile phone with a SIM?
Unfortunately, there is no way to skip or skip WhatsApp activation using an active phone number. Therefore, an alternative to solve this problem is to ask a trusted person to lend you their cell phone number to link it to the app, if that person is not using it.
But, this would be one of those cases where the cure is worse than the disease. that person could take control of your account at any time and seize it. So, the most sensible thing is to get a SIM card and insert it into any mobile to receive the code.
A long time ago there was the option of using virtual numbers, but today WhatsApp detects them as invalid numbers and does not allow linking.
Another alternative is to buy one of the paid numbers offered by Skype, but to maintain this virtual line you will have to pay a monthly fee to the platform, otherwise, it will be assigned to another user and he will probably take away your WhatsApp account at any time. .
When will the official version of WhatsApp for tablets be released?
In case none of the options that we have shown you in this guide are for you, then the only thing left for you to do is to be patient for the version of WhatsApp specially designed for tablets and iPad.
We don't have a confirmed date yet. about the release of this version, but different rumors on the subject have been resonating strongly in the web world for a long time. If these rumors are true, it would mean that we can use WhatsApp on tablets without the need for tricks and with an interface adapted for large screens.
Freelance writer with more than 4 years writing to create content for different web portals, which has resulted in the acquisition of a huge collection of knowledge on different digital topics. Her excellent journalistic work allows her to write first-rate articles and guides related to technology.